College or University Student

As a regulated health care student who is attending college, university or The Michener Institute, you’re on the path to your chosen profession. Learn more about some important steps in the process.

Getting Registered

Once you have completed your program of study, whether it’s a diploma or a degree, you will typically need to pass an approved national examination and then register with the appropriate College or Society to practise in Ontario. Be sure to check what examination you need to take and when it’s scheduled, so you have time to adequately prepare for it.


Read about regulated health education resources.

Evolving Role: Physician Assistant

The physician assistant (PA) is a new role that has been introduced into Ontario’s health care system. The PA works within a patient care team and assists a supervising physician in delivering medical services, such as conducting patient interviews, performing selected tests, and counselling patients on preventative health care.