- A big welcome to Dr. Jan Goossens, Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare’s new Chief of Staff!
- Another big welcome to Jaclyn Bell – the new Physician Recruitment Coordinator in Barrie!
- One more big welcome to Francine Kerr, the new Physician Recruitment Specialist in Orillia!
- A fourth big welcome to Michael Feraday, the new Executive Director of the Barrie & Community Family Health Team!
- And one last (but not least) big welcome to North Simcoe Muskoka’s new Care Connectors, Dominique Danis and Janet Baum with Health Care Connect!
- Midland hosted a successful strategic planning day for Family Physician Recruitment on Nov. 24 – a great best practice.
- Royal Victoria Hospital’s Phase 1 Expansion Project is taking shape and remains on track to open in early 2012.
- Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare, in collaboration with community partners in physician recruitment, has produced a video to effectively promote the beautiful Muskoka region to physicians – another great best practice.
- Congratulations to Barrie’s Royal Victoria Hospital for earning the highest ranking from Accreditation Canada.
- The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care recently announced funding to support the provincial Primary Care Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) Lead Pilot Program. The creation of the Primary Care LHIN Lead role is intended to strengthen and focus the efforts that local primary care providers and LHINs have made to date to address local challenges. The new Primary Care LHIN lead for North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN will be announced soon.